My First Time At Bill's, Nottingham

5 comments


Bill's Nottingham, 15 Queen Street, NG1 2BL (0115) 9413753 

If you haven't heard of Bill's, it is a chain of restaurants that originally started as a small grocery store in East Sussex. After a flood ruined the store Bill re-opened the shop and added a cafe. It was a huge success and the rest is history. 
Bill's has recently opened a restaurant in Nottingham and I recently went with my boyfriend for lunch. The building that the restaurant is in used to be a bank but you would never know. From what I have seen the chain decorate all of their restaurants with a relaxed and quirky decor that shows off their own selection of purchasable goods such as aprons and kettles, but more of this later.
They are open from morning until late evening and pride themselves on serving food "Breakfast to Bedtime, and everything in between." Everything is on the menu from Pancakes with Syrup to Fish Finger Sandwiches and Scones to Steak. There is definitely something for everyone, no matter what time of day.
To start things off I ordered their Iced Coffee - not the best I've had and I suspect it had some kind of powder added, but it was drinkable so I was happy.
 As we were there for lunch we didn't get any starters and went straight for the main. I had a Halloumi and Hummus 'burger' with Skinny Fries. 
This was some good food right there. It has baby gem lettuce, roasted peppers, grilled halloumi, hummus, sweet chilli and yoghurt. Oh my gosh it was so tastey! It tasted so fresh and the halloumi was not rubbery at all, with a healthy portion of hummus on the bottom I was in heaven (I probably could have eaten two).
I saved myself from the second and headed for the dessert menu. It is a small menu however, they also have a selection of baked goods if you don't see anything you fancy. I ordered the Scones with Clotted Cream and Jam. These were some of the best scones I have eaten and were worth the wait the have them hot straight out of the oven. They were buttery and filling and I only ended up eating one, yes I ordered these just for me hehe! The boyfriend agreed though that they were good scones.
As I mentioned before they sell their own selection of goods in their restaurants to take home. On the tables with the cutlery and napkins you will find a brown paper bag with a small pencil in it. Open out this bag and you will find a checklist on the back - this is where you can tick what you want, using the small pencil, and have the waitress bring you your items. They sell anything to go from jams, chutneys and sweets to beer, aprons and truffles. We didn't order anything but I couldn't help to take a picture of some of their selection.
Overall, we very much enjoyed our first experience of Bill's and would be happy to return.

Let me know if you have ever been to Bill's and what you thought! xx

5 comments

  1. I had never been before but it is so nice! Glad you liked the post :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bills. My favourite is the fish finger sandwich in there and the Bills Jaffa Cake. Soo Yummy. Love this post, makes me miss home.

    Lorilee
    xxx

    http://lorileesadventures.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had never been before and I'm glad I did, it's really nice!

      Delete
  3. Love love love Bills! I've been visiting the one in Cambridge for years... Their fish finger sandwich is to die for!
    Emily xx
    Auburn Antics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That burger was amazing! I need to make another visit soon! x

      Delete

Instagram

© Ellie Kathleen. Design by MangoBlogs.