Recipe #5: Cinnamon and Date Breakfast Smoothie

0 comments

I've been wanting to experiment with some smoothie recipes lately as I have had a blender in my cupboard for a year collecting dust. I have a pretty cheap blender that has a jug with a handle as the container so it all gets blended in the cup you can drink out of and take away with you. Perfect for breakfast when you might be in a rush out the door. I love cinnamon and now it is getting a little colder and Autumn is upon us I thought it would be the perfect ingredient in a smoothie to start the day. This recipe can be adapted so easily so if you want more or little of anything you can change it to your own taste or dietary requirements, such as changing milk for almond milk - which would be yummy in this! Or maybe add some protein powder for a boost.

Ingredients
1 Small Chopped Banana
3 Chopped Medjool Dates
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/4 cup or 310ml Milk (I used semi-skimmed but use any)
1/2 cup or 50g Uncooked Oats 

Method

1. Place all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Serve in your favourite glass or jar.


Erm, that's it! Let me know if you try this or a version of this xx

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Ellie Kathleen. Design by MangoBlogs.