Autumn Is Here, My Favourite Time Of Year

0 comments

The leaves are changing from bright green to the most amazing shades of orange, red and yellow. This is my favourite time of the year. Don't get me wrong I love the sun and I would rather be hot than cold but there is something that changes around this time of year that makes me love Autumn and Winter and everything seems to get better.

Fashion

Oh the warm clothes. I feel like in summer I can throw on any old shorts and top and not care too much. In Autumn I wear different styles of shoes, gorgeous jumpers and knitted dresses. The bags get bigger, all the new season style comes out and everyone looks amazing. Did I hear shopping trip?

Makeup

From barely there soft summer makeup to hello dark lip. Makeup gets darker, heavier and once again everyone is putting in a little more effort to look better. My makeup collection is taking a turn and more risks are about to be had with plum lips and cranberry eyeshadows.

Life

For me Autumn means going back to school, college or university. This Autumn is my last one to do this as I am going into my third and final year of my degree. For pretty much the past 16 years summer has ended and the early mornings start once again as I had back to study. This also means early morning trips to Starbucks where I ditch the Iced Coffee for Vanilla and Pumpkin Spiced Lattes - large of course. Now I'm an 'adult' Autumn also means finishing university and going for dinner or drinks with friends and gossiping talking about our day. Oh and who can forget the build up to, wait for it, Christmas! All the lights and German markets! It makes me giddy just thinking about it.

Autumn and Winter has always been my time of year where I feel everyone is happier, we are all getting cosy in our warm clothes and houses and it really does give me a confidence boost.

Let me know what you love about Autumn and what you're excited for this year xx

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Ellie Kathleen. Design by MangoBlogs.